SEE THE BEST THING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE.

SEE THE BEST THING TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE.


When I was kid, I was told to get up early and take blessings of every elder in the house by bowing and greeting them. And for me, if someone asks me to do something repeatedly I don’t know how I evolve myself into a Polar Bear and become the most laziest person alive.

I always wondered , how is it possible that if I bend down 90 degree. blessings will come out from their hand to my head and it will make me healthy, wealthy and happy person without studying and working.

I knew something is wrong with this tradition and with gut feeling I asked my dad, Why do we do this? I never see you touching anyone’s feet in the morning.

I tell you most solemnly, that was the most inappropriate question asked from Typical Traditional Nigerian (specifically ‘’An Igbo’’) Family. And then, I instantly knew what will be the best thing to do with my life. (Whatever my Dad says).

I hope you people got confused with the purpose of the story in respect of this question, lets come to the question.

If an Elephant is told that the best thing in life is to fly or a Fish is told that the best thing in life is to live in a nest in trees. It is funny, isn’t it?

Truth: Everyone know what is the best for them.

Bitter Truth: Not everyone has that courage, gut and favoring situation to take a step which is the best thing to do with their life.

* People stuck in bad relationship or marriage, they know what is best for them, but they choose not to act or they wait until they get hurt enough.
* Every smoker or drinker knows what the best thing to do is.
* While choosing career option, you know what you excel in your life, but you will choose what your guardians ask or what your friends are choosing. Very few choses what is best for them.
*  A person who works at a dock, he knows swimming is best thing to learn, it might save his life, but same advice is not fruitful for one who lives in Sahara desert.

It is not me who should tell you what is the best for you, it is you, who should give a thought “What is best for you” and start working on it.

MAKE  PEACE WITH IMPERFECTION. 

I've yet to meet an absolute perfectionist whose life was filled with inner peace. The need for perfection and the desire for inner tranquillity conflict with each other. Whenever we are attached to having something a certain way, better than it already is, we are, almost by definition, engaged in a losing battle. Rather that being content and grateful for what we have, we are focused on what's wrong with something and our need to fix it.

Whether its related to ourselves - a disorganised closet, a scratch on the car, an imperfect accomplishment, a few kgs we would like to lose; or someone else's "imperfections" - the way someone looks, behaves, or lives their life; the very act of focusing on imperfection pulls us away from our goal of being kind and gentle. 

This strategy has nothing to do with ceasing to do your very best but with being overly attached and focused on what's wrong with life. Its about realising that while there's always a better way to do something, this doesn't mean that you can't enjoy and appreciate the way things already are. 

The solution here is to catch yourself when you fall into your habit of insisting that things should be other than they are. Gently remind yourself that life is okay the way it is, right now. In the absence of your judgement, everything would be fine. 

As you begin to eliminate your need for perfection in all areas of life, you'll begin to discover the perfection in life itself.

The best thing to do is get to know yourself!

Do you know who you are? Are you satisfied with it? Do you want to change it? These 3 are perhaps the deepest question you can ask yourself if you're trying to find the answer to the question.

Don't let anything or anyone define who you are, your worth should be defined by self appreciation and understanding of your own worth.

Knowing yourself value is the keynote to breath life into your existence. You will be more willing to take risks; failure will taste like a new experience rather than failure. If you know your self worth you will be able to help other people reach their potential too. It's so cool to see someone breaking bad habits, following your footsteps.

It's never too late! I have read so many times that your 20’s are supposed to be the best, the most accomplishing years, but who says that? Is there an unwritten law in the universe about this? Of course not! It's never too late, weather you are 11 years old or 60, there is always something new to live and enjoy everyday!

Originally Answered: Life: What is the best thing you can do with your life?

"Doing nothing" is the best thing one may do. Of course, it is unbelievable. Also it sounds impossible. In fact, doing nothing means doing only necessary work for your own maintenance. Like, doing work for earning day to day food and doing your own maintenance. 
In fact, if we look around, we find animals, birds, fishes, trees are doing the above. Thus they are so lively, so active, so filled with energy. Hardly suffering from emotions. Their living is in present moment.

In contrast, human being looks so depressed, moves with gloomy faces. Always remain worried, so a lot of physical suffering. No time to live moment to moment.
Hence best thing a man can do in his life is to understand above and start living. In fact in the history of mankind, a few philosopher, like Gautam Buddha, Heraclitus, Lao Chung etc.  Lived their life with full awareness.


Pursuing a number of diverse interests is an effective way to gain insights, stumble on atypical solutions to problems, and stay creative.

If you look at the histories of the greatest innovators, a similar pattern makes itself clear.

The advantages are :

1. Promotes proactive procrastination.

As 1926 social psychologist Graham Wallas outlined in his five stages of creativity: Incubation is a fundamental part of the creative process. When we step away from a project, not unlike when we procrastinate, it allows our minds to enter a state of incubation, mulling over ideas and connecting them. This is what I call "proactive procrastination," because stepping away from one effort to work on another actually causes ideas from each to mix, which can strengthen the work.

2. Encourages cross-pollination of specialties.

Different interests involve different specialized workers. What better way to get outside of your limited scope of how things work than by interacting with an engineer or designer on one project, and then interacting with a woodworker, writer, musician, chef, or any other specialized individual, on another?
3. Keeps a "beginner's mind"

When we pursue new interests or experiments, we're forced to accept a "beginner's mind," the notion that we don't know everything there is to know. In his book Creativity, Inc., Pixar president Ed Catmull writes on beginner's mind:

"Our fear stems from the need to make the nonexistent into being.  People often try to overcome this fear by simply repeating what has worked in the past. That leads nowhere--or, more accurately, it leads in the opposite direction of originality. The trick is to use our skills and knowledge not to duplicate but to invent."

4. Get a pet!
I remember it all too well. The day I went looking for the pup, I could bring home and share my life with. I was very clear of what I wanted - a yellow Labrador Retriever.

And then I reached the small farm that echoed with yelps and woofs and in-sync barks.
Simba was the last of his litter. He was black. I knew what I wanted. And a black Lab wasn’t it. But then I picked him up and he nuzzled my arm-pit. My insides have never melted quicker.

There was no way I could have left that place without him.

Fast forward nine years later. He is a grizzled old veteran now and I know that our time together is coming to an end. It’s on the walls. He has started showing signs of hip-displasia. 

Sometimes he cannot keep his food down or his bowels in and when that happens the look of utter helplessness on his face is heartbreaking.

But these nine years have been the best years of my life. He taught me -

*  That there is no worry in the world that doesn’t fade away as long as you can have a good roll on fresh cut grass.
* That a withered stick between your jaws and a friend to play fetch with is what really matters.
* That you never say no to a belly rub. And when you do get one you, raise your hands and your feet in the air and surrender to the pure bliss.
*  That a drive isn’t complete unless you let your tongue hang loose and taste the wind.
* That a bath isn’t over till you shake your whole body and drench everyone around you.
*  That every walk in the sun or under the moon is a new experience (even if it is on the road that you have taken a hundred times before).
*  Thatwhen you love someone, you nuzzle, you cuddle and you shower that person with the sloppiest kisses possible.
* That it’s ok to feel sad and let it shows on your face.
* Thatit’s important not to leave the ones you love alone when they are sad.
*  That every new person you meet is a potential friend unless proven otherwise, irrevocably.
*  And that you have to be thankful for every morsel as if it’s the tastiest meal you have ever experienced.

The best thing you can do with your life you ask me - Get a dog!

Yesterday evening, I was in a market. Something happened which caught my attention.

A foreigner girl was buying bananas.

*Now, what’s the big deal in it?”

Deal is that she's buying it in kilos and not in dozens.

Even the shopkeeper was weighing the bananas in kilos. In fact, he weighed one banana’s weight too.

I was just watching it. She bought some other fruits too and made the payment.

Now, I was in a doubt whether she made payment for kilos or dozens?

I interrupted the happening.

I: Excuse me!

She: Yes?

I: Did you buy bananas in kilos?

She: Yes, I bought one kilo bananas.

I: Bananas are always in dozens and other fruits in kilos.

She: But, the man told me it in kilos.

*I stared at the shopkeeper.”

 (What’re you doing? Mind your own business.)

After bit of arguments with him, he returned the money and also gave bananas in dozens.
The best thing you can do in life -

“Don’t cheat someone. Be honest.”

Earning few rupees by cheating someone is not going to help you become rich.

When you came in this world, you had nothing. When you’ll leave this world, then also you will not have anything. There is no meaning to cheat someone.

Be honest in your actions and before being honest with others, be with yourself.

‘DecencyWrites’.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts