“I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE I CAN BE SUCCESSFUL…”
“I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE I CAN BE SUCCESSFUL…”
By FIDELIS.
Sometimes I begin projects without having an end in view. I plan many projects without executing any. I fantasize ideas without a realistic value. I fantasize being the best footballer in the world yet I cannot kick a ball. I fantasize being the best actor and the best orator in the world yet I am afraid of facing few of people. Funny enough let me not say crowd.
In my mind, I think I can be the best writer in the world, whereas I cannot write a coherent five line sentence. Before my junior I can argue like a lion, before my senior and mates I am a dumb ox. Some say life is good, some say sweet, some say horrible, others evil, many take middle position. My own life is a hell!
If I continue to list down depressed thought of many humans, I the writer may not be tired but you the reader may hate the piece before reading. However, what does it entail to be successful? Some will say “success is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration” whereas some take the opposite. Is there any actual yardstick to measure success? If there is any, do we humans possess that mystic yardstick?
On our ladder of success, there are bound to be obstacles and we need to possess the ability to tackle the obstacles. Stephen Covey will tell you “Before you begin scrambling up the ladder of success, make sure that it is leaning against the right building.” As a being anxiety is a good motivator to success but not too much of it and loss of it leads to passivity. We all have dreams and aspirations. Sometimes what retards our speed towards achieving our life goal is the chasm or gap between my present state and my dream state. Funny enough, am I even anxious towards anything?
With my talent I can make the type of money I want. With my talent I can reach any social status I want even spiritual status (do not laugh). I can marry the best wife or husband, make the best friends and do all possible what. But I have a question. What is talent? How can I discover my talent? Can I discover my talent to the fullest? Funny enough, do I even have a talent?
The problem is that young people have lost sight of what is talent. Acquisition of wealth and riches are all mistaken to be talents. Everybody wants to be a celebrity. But do not mind me if I ask, if we all become “celebrities” the way we think who will celebrate us? The real meaning and purpose of talent is lost. Go out on the street and ask anybody what is his talent, if he cannot play musical instrument, he cannot play football, cannot sing etc. he is definitely going to tell you “I don’t have talent or I have not discovered mine.” It now leaves one to ask how am I to know a talent when I see one.
Here comes my big question, WHAT IS TALENT? Every human being has his own version of the definition of talent and you my dear reader, you are not left out. Your capacity to discover your talent depends on the rightness of your definition of it. Whereas, you being at sea or confused with discovering yours depends on the erroneous nature of your own version. To arrive at a concrete definition of talent is a herculean task especially in an age that has lost sight of it. Meditation on the raised questions can help you dig out a diamond in your life. Your thoughtful answers can help redeem a lost soul…
'DecencyWrites'.




Nice one, but it ended en route.
ReplyDeletePlease am waiting for the continuation.